PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Strange Revit Floor Plan / Level Problem - Not a newbie question

c_van_essen
2012-03-29, 10:27 AM
Morning All,

I have been working with Revit since version 2008 and am well aware of basic and advanced settings throughout the program. I have been developing a house for construction purposes which housed a number of floor plan and levels.

From the start the levels have been associated with the floor plans correctly. Substructure (Floor Plan) Ground Floor FFL (Floor Plan) First Floor FFL (Floor Plan) Roof Plan (Site). Whilst I have been working on some sections I had noticed my Ground Floor FFL plan has disappeared from the project browser (See image 1), the level which is blue and still associated with the plan still exists and has not been deleted (See image 2).

I go to view and look if I can create a new floor plan and accept my annotations and data have been lost on the original but it actually says its still in existinence (see image 3). Now if I go to the section and double click the level to take me to the plan it goes directly to the roof plan.

All I know is that the plan has not been deleted, the blue level still exists and that the ground floor level on sections has stretched away from all the other levels (see image 4)

Has anyone else had this problem? As well as find a solution?

Regards

Chris

lzaras
2012-03-29, 03:23 PM
in image one, your Ground Floor Plan FFL has become a Ceiling Plan.

Alfredo Medina
2012-03-29, 05:44 PM
in image one, your Ground Floor Plan FFL has become a Ceiling Plan.

I don't think so. When you create a new level, and "Make plan view" is active, unless you change the default setting, Revit will create both a floor plan and a ceiling plan, with the same name of the new level.

sbrown
2012-03-29, 07:03 PM
Uncheck the box "do not duplicate" when you are creating you plan view. Since you allready have one its not showing up.

muldvarpe534548
2014-03-07, 08:35 AM
Morning All,

I have been working with Revit since version 2008 and am well aware of basic and advanced settings throughout the program. I have been developing a house for construction purposes which housed a number of floor plan and levels.

From the start the levels have been associated with the floor plans correctly. Substructure (Floor Plan) Ground Floor FFL (Floor Plan) First Floor FFL (Floor Plan) Roof Plan (Site). Whilst I have been working on some sections I had noticed my Ground Floor FFL plan has disappeared from the project browser (See image 1), the level which is blue and still associated with the plan still exists and has not been deleted (See image 2).

I go to view and look if I can create a new floor plan and accept my annotations and data have been lost on the original but it actually says its still in existinence (see image 3). Now if I go to the section and double click the level to take me to the plan it goes directly to the roof plan.

All I know is that the plan has not been deleted, the blue level still exists and that the ground floor level on sections has stretched away from all the other levels (see image 4)

Has anyone else had this problem? As well as find a solution?

Regards

Chris

I know this is a late response, but I'll give my 2 cents anyway.
It seems like you have assigned Ground Floor FFL to the Ground floor ceiling instead of the floor plan view. I see this is picture 1 in the project browser. And at the same time you have chosen "Do not duplicate existing views" in the View -> Create -> Plan views browser. Delete the Ceiling plan view called "Ground Floor FFL" in the project browser, the go to the plan view browser/creator and assign it to a floor plan :)