PDA

View Full Version : 45 degree chamfer wall corners?

chuck_cantieny
2012-04-04, 03:45 PM
I am trying to make a little D shape building. One side has regular 90 degree square corners. the other side has 4'-0" 45 degree chamfers.

I sketch the walls without getting dimensions exact then edit the dimensions to set the building size. The problem is when I get to the chamfers. When I set the chamfer diistance to 4'-0" it changes the size of the building. If I lock the size of the building it will not set the chamfer the correct distance. Even when I try to dimension the wall it goes screwy. If a wall has a 90 degree corner on each end and you select the wall to dimension (aligned) revit will place the dimension parallel to the wall. If the wall does not have a 90 on both ends revit will not dimension it (you have to select a point on the non 90 end). Shouldn't Revit be able to figure out where the intersection of the wall is (face or center)???

Am I missing something here? It seems like it should be easy..

Thanks,
Chuck

sbrown
2012-04-04, 06:43 PM
You can tab select to the corner to dimension. but you might just want to put a ref plane 4' in from each side and then move the wall point to point.