PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Cannot get ALL annotations to show up in a single plan view

PointOfLight
2012-04-05, 06:52 PM
Hi, I'm from a lighting design firm and we are doing our first project in Revit. My goal at the moment is to create a family that contains a modeled light in elevation and 3d views, and in a plan a symbol representing that light. I have made a custom annotation, nested it into my light family and turned off the model in plan view. I started with a generic face based family template and then switched to electrical fixture family so that I would have to option to "Rotate Annotation with view".

Next I brought the family into my project and posted a light on the floor, wall and ceiling. But when I go to plan view, I cannot see the annotation for the ceiling light and the floor light in the same view, no matter where I take my plan cut from. Some annotations show up in ceiling plans, and some plan, but never all together at once. Its important to be able to see everything that is happening in plan view, and still see the annotations. Any ideas?