PDA

View Full Version : Cost estimate & Revit

gnl
2003-10-23, 02:33 PM
Don't know if this is the right forum for this, if it isn't then go ahead and move it.

A company here in Italy has its own cost estimate application and has recently integrated a feature that automatically imports from Revit some of the components within the project: walls, doors, windows, slabs and rooms.
If you guys in the US - or elsewhere - are using Costworks, then probably you are not interested, for the others, If you are interested in seeing how it works I can post an avi. It's quite interesting and especially as it's done with no API... and most of all, it works...

ciao

PeterJ
2003-10-23, 03:39 PM
Yes please. Like to see how this works/what is going on.

gpuerini
2003-10-23, 04:45 PM
yup, very interested in handling material from Revit. If you can pass along info .. it would be much appreaciated!

gnl
2003-10-23, 05:28 PM
Here is the avi.
the process is a little slow, without SnagIt it is much faster, just a few seconds.

Basically, what is not shown in the avi is that Revit types are associated to cost items (for example, a Revit wall type such as the ones used in the video may be associated with: bricks (Cubic meters), plaster (sqm), paint (sqm)).

The ODBC export is automated and the cost estimate software does some querys on the mdb file that is generated and associates cost items to instances in the Revit(mdb) file.

If you need further explanations let me know.

The link to download the AVI is the following :
ftp://ftp.e-sense.it/revit/costestimate.zip

Had to post it there as it was too big to attach it...

ciao

ciao

gnl
2003-10-23, 05:32 PM
if the rpevious link does not work for you, try:

http://www.e-sense.it/revit/costestimate.zip

Steve_Stafford
2003-10-23, 05:47 PM
Thanks for posting, but the AVI resolution was too fuzzy to understand what was going on. I'm using a resolution of 1600x1200...what is it optimized for?

gnl
2003-10-23, 06:19 PM
Sorry, :? should have wrote it: 1024x768

cheers!

gpuerini
2003-10-23, 07:29 PM
Thanks! It looked good for me, when I expanded it to full screen. Any idea how much it cost, and if they have an English version?

gnl
2003-10-24, 08:33 AM
well, no english version... yet
regulations are so specific to each single country that it seems to it might be impossible to have an international version...

As for the cost, the street price is fairly cheap: somewhere around 400 euros (about 450 USD).

ciao