PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Uwanted "Work Plane Grid"

ccenergy
2012-04-17, 02:29 PM
Continually having to move it out of the way. Trying to do some "housecleaning", but can't get rid of the thing. I must have created it by accident. Any idea how to get rid of it?
Thanks!

Steve_Stafford
2012-04-17, 02:47 PM
Referring to the blue grid? The Home ribbon tab > far right end > turn off Workplane Visibility

ccenergy
2012-04-17, 04:51 PM
Boy, that was easy! Thanks, Steve.

May be nitpicking here, but (from the housecleaning standpoint), is there no way to just eliminate it entirely? I assume it's still "hanging around", and it therefore "using up" space (I am running Revit on an older platform, and am sensitive to such things).

Steve_Stafford
2012-04-17, 04:58 PM
Each level is a work plane and each plan oriented view has a work plane that can be displayed independently of one another. Check out Andy's "Shades of Grey blog" for a nice post about taking advantage of it.

http://www.grevity.blogspot.com/

Can't remove the feature, but you don't have to use it or see it. :)

Oh, technically elevations and sections, even 3D views can show the work plane but you'll probably be asked which workplane to show first.

dannysmelcer564090
2012-04-17, 05:00 PM
All it is doing is showing the current workplane where ever you set it. There is nothing "hanging around" as there will always be at least one current workplane.

ccenergy
2012-04-18, 02:26 AM
I think I've got the idea. There's a lot of stuff in Andy's presentation. I guess I'll spend a little time with it tomorrow.
Thanks again!