PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2013 Component Stairs Issue

dannysmelcer564090
2012-04-17, 02:44 PM
Can anyone test this out to see what setting I have wrong? The Baluster Posts are not showing up in plan view on component stairs but they are showing up on sketch based stairs. See Image. I am using the default architectural Template, with the default stairs and default railing except added a newel post to the definition under each end.

Steve_Stafford
2012-04-17, 02:57 PM
Don't have it up and running to check, change the detail level to Medium. Component stairs are affected by Detail Level and I think those created "by sketch" are not.

dannysmelcer564090
2012-04-17, 03:10 PM
I tried that shortly after posting this and that did not work. I am messing with the stair settings, rail settings, view settings, and view range setting right now, and so far nothing is working.

Steve_Stafford
2012-04-17, 03:46 PM
I assume you tried Fine the too? Did you check the visibility graphics settings for the new subcategories for railings? Also these may be controlled by the View Template is one is assigned to the view.

dannysmelcer564090
2012-04-17, 04:34 PM
Yes I did. All the new subcategories are checked under railing as well as stairs. I would love for someone else to test this, I have tried every obvious setting I can think of.

Alfredo Medina
2012-04-17, 10:25 PM
I tested this, and I had the same display issue. I could not find a way to fix it, or an explanation. I read the articles about stairs by component in Wikihelp, to see if there was some information about specific visibility settings for stairs by component, but I did not find it. I left a comment with a question there. The issue is not only with the end posts, but with any baluster or post on the steps; they simply do not show up when the host of the railing is a stair by component. If I change the host to a stair by sketch, the posts show up again. Very strange. I have the feeling that this is going to be the matter of a hot-fix soon...

dannysmelcer564090
2012-04-17, 11:50 PM
Thank you for testing this for me. I guess in the mean time I could use stairs by sketch or use a masking region to fake in the Post if I wanted to use the stair by component. Can you post a link to the page you commented on so I can follow it?

Edit: Nevermind, I found your comment on the wiki.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/0328-Build_th328/0330-Architec330/0505-Stair_by505

cr_gixxer
2012-05-01, 07:51 PM
Another issue I'm having in component stairs is that I can't seem to find the carriage height anywhere. Wikihelp tells me its there, but even digging through all the nested areas of the properties and type, I can't find it.

**EDIT: not apparent, but after some systematic clicking the what was "carriage height" is now "structural depth on run" which is a parameter of the stringer type. **

cr_gixxer
2012-05-10, 09:55 PM
Don't know if this is a component stair issue, but I can can't create stairs in a floor plan callout. We have an east and wet tower on a podium, and are using callouts for plan enlargements. I need to go the overall plan just to create the stair. HAs it always been like this?

Alfredo Medina
2012-05-10, 11:28 PM
Most likely your callout is a detail, not a floor plan callout.

cr_gixxer
2012-05-11, 05:55 PM
Most likely your callout is a detail, not a floor plan callout.

that's what I thought, but, it is a floor plan