PDA

View Full Version : Wall displays strangely

itomic
2005-01-27, 06:30 AM
I have documented a job and found that one of the brick veneer walls has begun displaying
differently to the adjacent walls (even though they are of the same type with the same parameters). I have attached a file with a copy of the wall.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks.

bowlingbrad
2005-01-27, 01:59 PM
For some reason, it has to do with the split regions on the wall in question. I removed the split regions in elevation and the wall displays correctly in plan. Specifically the regions that touch the ground level. Don't ask me why...

Brad

itomic
2005-01-27, 10:29 PM
Thanks Brad, that was much help. It appears that the split face on the interior side of the wall (to show wall tiling) caused the wall to appear differently in plan because its boundary was on the floor level line. Moving the split face boundary off the floor level a fraction fixed it.

Michelle Gibson
2007-02-13, 07:48 PM
I have the same problem only the project is too large a scale to start having to modify each and every exterior wall. I tried going into edit profile in wall type and am not able to merge the the two vertical sections back together - I only end up merging materials and losing my proper wall makeup. There must be a way to quickly fix this without having to redesign every wall type and redoing my entire plan. ugh.

by the way, if you redesign the wall and then try to assign the new wall type (without a split region) to the old/wrong wall type, the wall remembers it had a split region and adopts that trait. ugh.

any help is great before I have to start a whole project over...