PDA

View Full Version : 2012 View Range Error

mosesmagro987061
2012-04-18, 05:57 PM
I am currently working on a project that has a canopy with multiple planes of varying angles and heights to it. Currently we are trying to show when the canopy gets too close to the walking surface and becomes a head height issue because the intent is to then block off those areas with landscaping islands. However revit is not cooperating because on certain views no matter what the view range is set to it just shows the entire canopy. On other views the view range shows correctly and only shows areas that are lower than 7 feet high. We have racked our brains and have tried everything to figure out why this is not working on some of our views (mind you these views are of the same level sometimes) and to only show the canopy when it falls under the 7 foot cut plane. We have tried making sure the view templates for all the views are the same, have the same phases, tried playing with top and the bottom of the view range and the view depth but nothing works. Also I should mention that the canopy consists of a separate revit file that has been linked into the project and that this anomaly only happens to the canopy, all the other elements including the walls and doors all seem to adjust to whatever the view range is set to. See attached image of what I am talking about the view on the left shows correctly the one on the right does not.

jcoe
2012-04-19, 02:24 PM
Try opening the linked file with the canopy and see if there is a plan region around the canopy. If all other elements look correct in the host model and the canopy is the only thing off, this might be the issue.

When the view graphics are correct in the linked model and incorrect in the host model, you may have to use the linked model view settings instead of the host model view settings. You can find this under VG>select the Revit Links tab>across from your linked model, under the "Display Settings" column, activate the button that says "By Host View". In the next dialog box select the "Custom" radial button to activate the fields below. Choose the desired view from the "Linked View" field.

mosesmagro987061
2012-04-20, 09:44 PM
Try opening the linked file with the canopy and see if there is a plan region around the canopy. If all other elements look correct in the host model and the canopy is the only thing off, this might be the issue.

When the view graphics are correct in the linked model and incorrect in the host model, you may have to use the linked model view settings instead of the host model view settings. You can find this under VG>select the Revit Links tab>across from your linked model, under the "Display Settings" column, activate the button that says "By Host View". In the next dialog box select the "Custom" radial button to activate the fields below. Choose the desired view from the "Linked View" field.

Thanks I didn't even think of trying to do that with linked views.