PDA

View Full Version : Spellcheck in schedules

charliep
2012-04-25, 04:11 PM
Using Revit 2012. I noticed a spelling error in my room schedule but when I tried to use "Find & Replace" it doesn't work in the schedule. As I'm not looking forward in correcting every entry in the schedule I would welcome any suggestions.

Alfredo Medina
2012-04-25, 04:39 PM
Probably the only way is to export the schedule, open it in Excel, run spell-check, and copy-paste back into the Revit schedule the words that were corrected in Excel.

jsteinhauer
2012-04-25, 04:40 PM
Which is why there needs to be a Spell Check function in Schedule Views. Or, AutoDesk needs to build in a easier Export/Import function into Revit. I would also like to see us be able to select multiple rows or cells to quickly edit information, instead of cell by cell.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

jsteinhauer
2012-04-25, 04:42 PM
Probably the only way is to export the schedule, open it in Excel, run spell-check, and copy-paste back into the Revit schedule the words that were corrected in Excel.

Alfredo modified script to copy and past from Excel to Revit. I have used it, and it works great, it just takes a while.

BTW, Thank you Alfredo for the revision to that script.

Jeff S.

charliep
2012-04-26, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Thought I might have missed something but it's evident schedules need to be able to spellcheck as Jeff S pointed out.

DaveP
2012-04-26, 03:57 PM
Autodesk is looking into re-vamping Schedules. My guess would be they need to be redone completely.
http://insidethefactory.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/01/revit-schedules-a-love-hate-relationship.html
Hopefully, Spell Check will be one of the new features.

(BTW, that survey is closed, so don't bother trying it. The post is from January)

charliep
2012-04-27, 07:59 AM
When? Not in 2013 version - another year? 2...? won't hold my breath.