PDA

View Full Version : Import text font...

gjburkett
2005-01-27, 03:11 PM
What is the best method to import fonts? I have some fonts in my titleblock done in AutoCAD and would like to use the same fonts in my Revit Titleblock that I'm creating?

aaronrumple
2005-01-27, 03:19 PM
AutoCAD SHX fonts? Revit doesn't use those. Windows True Type? Just set up a text style.

gjburkett
2005-01-27, 05:03 PM
Darn, I think they are .shx fonts.

I just looked in the "Fonts" directory under my Windows folder and noticed a lot more fonts in there compared to what I have to choose from in Revit. Are you saying I can bring those in?

aaronrumple
2005-01-27, 05:08 PM
Yes. All Windows standard fonts can be used. They can also be used in AutoCAD.

Allen Lacy
2005-01-27, 05:50 PM
AutoCAD SHX fonts? Revit doesn't use those. Windows True Type? Just set up a text style. As Aaron says, just set up a new text family by clicking on properties>edit/new when writing text. Change the text font and text size to suit your needs.

gjburkett
2005-01-27, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I realized that. However, I was confused as to why there aren't as many fonts to choose when you do that compared to the number of fonts in the "fonts" directory of my Windows folder. Any reason for that?

J. Grouchy
2005-01-27, 10:14 PM
One thing I've noticed in exporting from Revit to AutoCAD is that some of the fonts (particularly those in our titleblock) do not translate well. Why is that? All my fonts are in the same directory for AutoCAD to read, yet I end up having to create a separate titleblock in AutoCAD just to make it look right when I export.