PDA

View Full Version : Turning a "Not for construction" text on and off?

bwilliams133
2012-04-30, 07:24 PM
At a past employer, I thought that I had learned of a way to create a text or label and then using some type of parameter setting, be able to add a check box in the properties bar which would allow that text or label to be turned on or off. I want to have a "Not For Construction" text on my title block and have the option to click it on or off.

It's been too long since I was at that employer and have forgotten how to do it. I've attempted to follow instructions using shared parameters, but that doesn't seem to be exactly what I'm trying to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

sbrown
2012-04-30, 07:34 PM
You make the shared parameter, add it to both your tblk and project, then select the text in the tblk and add a visibility parameter by clicking the little button to the right of the Visible Check box in the properties box that is visible when you select the text(label) in the tblk family. You don't need the shared parameter at all, if you just want it to say the same thing all the time and just turn on and off, then you just add the visibility paramete..

bwilliams133
2012-04-30, 08:09 PM
Thanks! I remembered that it was much simpler than using the shared parameters - the visibility parameter was all that I needed since I just wanted it to say the same thing only have the option of being on or off.