PDA

View Full Version : Can sweeps be made to wrap?

patricks
2005-01-27, 07:20 PM
Say if I set a wainscot sweep on the bottom 3 feet of a wall, which sticks out 1 inch from the face of the main wall, and then edit the wall profile to create openings in the wall. Can that wall sweep (set in the wall type) be made to wrap around the edges of those openings, so that I will see that 1" projection in the sides of the opening, as well as on the face of the wall?

aaronrumple
2005-01-27, 08:06 PM
Yes. Select sweep. Change sweep returns. See attached.

sfaust
2005-01-27, 08:07 PM
Sure. Select the sweep, then click on "Change Sweep Returns" on the options bar next to properties. Then click the end of the sweep next to your opening. This will cause it to Wrap 90 degrees (default, you can change the angle if you like). Then you will get a blue grip that will allow you to drag it to define how far in or out of the opening you want it to return.

patricks
2005-01-27, 08:33 PM
So is there no way to make it wrap for the full depth of the wall? In other words, the wall profile would have an opening cut in it, and the wall sweep would turn at the opening and continue back for the whole depth of the wall, instead of just having the depth of the particular sweep profile sticking out the sides of the opening.

aaronrumple
2005-01-27, 08:37 PM
Um. No. You'll see my example goes all the way round to another sweep which continues on the back.

Mr Spot
2005-01-27, 10:34 PM
So is there no way to make it wrap for the full depth of the wall? In other words, the wall profile would have an opening cut in it, and the wall sweep would turn at the opening and continue back for the whole depth of the wall, instead of just having the depth of the particular sweep profile sticking out the sides of the opening.
Of course you can. After changing the sweep return to wrap around, you can then tab select the end face and drag as needed?