PDA

View Full Version : One location for .pat files and rendering files

rodneyf
2003-10-23, 05:25 PM
I am in the final stages of setup for our office to make the jump to Revit and was wondering. Do you have one location for your .pat files on the network and same goes for the rendering materials?

Thanks,

Steve_Stafford
2003-10-23, 05:41 PM
Our .pat file is copied to the local PC from a common location when a PC is setup along with Revit.ini and our Keyboardshorcuts.txt. The rendering libraries are on a server and Revit.ini points to the same location. We have to manually input the user initials in the .ini file before turning the PC loose. I haven't noticed a way to place a .pat file in a central location yet, be interested to know if there is too.

rodneyf
2003-10-23, 06:06 PM
Steve,
Thanks alot that does make it a little easier to setup.

Thanks Again,

sbrown
2003-10-23, 10:52 PM
I've noticed some performance issues with our plant library and material libraries on the server. We have some very large .jpg we use for rendering and they seem to really bog down revit mainly in the plant editor, not sure why. If I delete the high res images, I have no problems.

So I've kept the local out of the box stuff on each users machine and have a server based library of our materials and libraries, each project gets a material library so if custom materials are made they can be easily found.