PDA

View Full Version : Moving Project

snowocean
2012-05-09, 05:19 PM
I am working on a project that ties to an existing structure. The project was done in (2) models existing and new construction. Somehow the existing model got moved and no longer is in the correct location when linking files Origin to Origin. Is there anyway to fix this? I have tried moving the origin point in the existing model, but when re-linking it is located in the same incorrect place.

caddman13
2012-05-09, 05:37 PM
What I have done in this type of case is copy and rename the linked model that is moved. Link it in as a new instance "Origin to Origin". If it comes in at the proper location then I click on the linked model that is wrong and use the move command and move it back to where it needs to be. Once in the proper position I pin it so this type of thing doesn't happen again unless someone pick unpin.

Then go into Manage Links and Remove the coped linked in model.

Hope this helps you out.

patricks
2012-05-09, 08:33 PM
I would be using shared coordinates and publish coordinates between each model, and have them both linked into one another.

You may have to delete your existing building model to make this work, but when you link it in, just bring it in center-to-center and align/rotate it how it needs to be. Then go to Manage > Coordinates > Publish Coordinates and pick the existing building model. Save and close, and it will ask if you want to save the location out to the existing building model. Pick that option, close out, then open the existing building model. Link in the New Construction model using Shared Coordinates. It some come in already aligned and in the right place. Then save and close that file. Go back to the New Construction file and verify everything is still lined up, and pin the existing model if needed. When you bring in a file via Shared Coordinates, I believe it will already be pinned initially.