PDA

View Full Version : Changing Revit's Default Font

bmarler
2005-01-27, 08:06 PM
I'm wondering if there is a way to change the default font in Revit from Arial to our office standard, so that when a new project or a new schedule, is created, the font will be our office standard.

hand471037
2005-01-27, 08:11 PM
Yea, you just have to edit the default template and the default annotation families that come with Revit to use your office-standard font & then re-load them all into said default template. It's easy, but tedious.

sfaust
2005-01-27, 08:18 PM
tedious, yes, but less tedious than doing it for every project! A good template is a great thing. It's worth spending some time customizing.

hand471037
2005-01-27, 08:25 PM
I second that! A decent Template can save you days worth of work, and can do it again and again and again.

A great way to do you templates, esp. if your a smaller office, is to be constantly updating it whenever your workflow changes on the job. For example, I decide in DD that I want to better organize my Project Browser, and so I set up a couple of custom Browser Organization schemes to do that. When it's working, you've used it for a while, and it's useful, turn right around and transfer those into your Template(s). *Finally* made a Door Schedule the boss is happy with the layout and organization of? Put it in the Template!

Getting into the habit of going full circle, and always putting things back into the template that are generated on the job, is a real critical time saver on the longterm with using Revit. Otherwise all that time-saving work you did on one job isn't effecting your future jobs, and you're just throwing it away!