PDA

View Full Version : VBA: Assign Global Coordinate System

kevin.bell81772
2005-01-27, 08:55 PM
I need to automate the processing of MANY dwgs, basically just setting a different global coordinate system, but i can't seem to locate the proper interfaces or any sample code.

I know that i can query multiple dwgs into a project, save them as one HUGE dwg, and then set the gcs, but due to filesizes, etc, i don't think that i want to go that route.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to get started?

Ed Jobe
2005-01-27, 09:11 PM
Kevin, there might be other ways of doing this (e.g. script and ScriptPro), but if you want to ask a vba question, you might consider posting this in the vba forum.

Glenn Pope
2005-01-27, 10:16 PM
Are you assigning the same coordinate system to these drawing?

If so, you can open a blank drawing and go to Map=>Tools=>Assign Global Coordinate System. Then click on the "Select Drawings..." button. There you can select several drawings and change them at one time.

kevin.bell81772
2005-01-27, 11:29 PM
Maybe as a vba guy i make things too hard, so i'll see if you guru's can show me the easy way.

ok, i've reprojected the dwgs and queried them into my dwg. I see that all went well and my coords are correct. how do i save the individual dwgs (or a copy with the same name, different directory) into my new coordinate system?

Do i have to save my new dwg? if so, this would pull all the individual tiles into one new dwg, and that's not going to work for me.

MHultgren
2005-01-28, 01:59 PM
once you have the drawings reassociated, Under the Map Menu - Save Back - Save to source drawings and then select the drawings one at a time. If you select all and uncheck Add new objects to save set. you should only get what came in with that drawing.