PDA

View Full Version : Dimension between angled points

aaronrumple
2005-01-27, 09:56 PM
Problem: You want to dimension between two corners at some odd angle.

Just place a refernce line prependicular to the direction of your dimension. Start your dimension at the ref. plane. The dimension the points. Now delete the ref. plane. The dimension stays aligned... (see attached.)

Joef
2005-01-27, 10:13 PM
That is a terrific tip. Dimensioning to odd angled property lines is now a snap. I would have thought the dimension would disappear when you delete the reference line but it does not. Thanks!

Joe

sfaust
2005-01-27, 10:38 PM
wow, that's a fabulous tip! I like it.

Merlin
2005-01-27, 11:12 PM
Problem: You want to dimension between two corners at some odd angle.

Just place a refernce line prependicular to the direction of your dimension. Start your dimension at the ref. plane. The dimension the points. Now delete the ref. plane. The dimension stays aligned... (see attached.)
Aaron,
I posted something similar the other day in response to a query on dimensioning angled walls....I noticed though that you say to delete the reference planes...I tried to do that and the dimensions delete with them...I wasn't worried too much because the ref planes don't print but I would like to know how to get rid of these planes if necessary....Is there a lock that I'm missing?
John Mc

aaronrumple
2005-01-27, 11:23 PM
The ref. plane is used to get started only. The other witness lines are on points - not ref. planes. These witness lines remain when the ref. plane is deleted.

Merlin
2005-01-28, 06:00 AM
The ref. plane is used to get started only. The other witness lines are on points - not ref. planes. These witness lines remain when the ref. plane is deleted.

...Ah!...ta, Aaron
John Mc

SCShell
2005-01-28, 04:08 PM
And that is why you are the "guru" Aaron!
Thanks
Steve

Wesajo
2019-05-24, 08:11 PM
How do you dimension from corner of a furniture (let say, a bed or dresser) to a angled wall? Thanks for the input

PijPiwo
2019-05-24, 10:03 PM
Activate dim command, pick a wall first and then hover over the furniture corner - dim will snap to the corner point. If not, use a tab key.