PDA

View Full Version : Hiding View Titles.... Forever

nickedemus
2012-05-16, 07:09 PM
There are certain types of sheets where we never want to have a view title show up. For example, we turn off the View Title for sketches, which are usually numbered with an "SK" prefix, and tend to be 8.5" x 11." We either drag the view titles off of the sheet, or we go into Visibility Graphics --> Annotation Categories, and uncheck "View Titles."

Is there a way to have this VG setting automated for certain types of sheets? Or are we doomed to repeat these silly little steps for all sketches? :confused:

Overconstrained
2012-05-17, 02:40 AM
You don't need to have a view title at all. You can create a new viewport type (right-click, edit, duplicate) with the view title set to <none>.

nickedemus
2012-05-17, 03:30 PM
This sounds good. But can you be more specific about what I should right-click, edit, duplicate? Because right-clicking a sheet doesn't give me a viable "Duplicate" option. It's there, but it's greyed out when I click on it.

sbrown
2012-05-17, 03:37 PM
Select the viewport, then in the properties dialog on the left of your screen it will Say Viewport - something, Click Edit or pull down, you should have multiple viewport types. If not you will need to learn how to make them, You can make one that has No title, just by clicking duplicate, rename it to No Title, then in the parameter for the view type, pull down and chose none.

nickedemus
2012-05-17, 04:18 PM
Oh, I see.

That's good to know. Thanks.

Overconstrained
2012-05-17, 10:19 PM
Sorry.....I missed the vital bit of info....right-click on the viewport!! :)