PDA

View Full Version : Aligning wall section views by level

bwilliams133
2012-05-16, 09:41 PM
I'm putting several wall sections on one sheet and typically they will find the same level in the wall section next to it and align so that all of your floor heights are the same across the page. I'm now starting to break the sections so that they will fit on the page and since doing that, the levels aren't finding one another to align. I can not even get the unbroken sections to match up with each other. Does anyone know what's going on with this? I know that I can eyeball the alignment and for this project that would be fine, but I've always loved that the sections would snap into an alignment with each other, it's just easier.
As a side note, the view titles are still snapping to one another but since I've moved those independently, that doesn't help me align the wall sections.
Thank you.

jcoe
2012-05-17, 12:04 PM
It has to do with what portion of the section you moved together. When you break your sections, you need to be consistent with which side you move or they sections will not align. For example, I have two wall sections. In section one I move the bottom up and in section 2 I move the top down - Revit will not align the model geometry.

DaveP
2012-05-17, 01:16 PM
You might want to look at Sheet Grids, too.
Not exactly what you're looking for, but you should be able to Align the Levels with the Grid even if you can't line them up with each other.