PDA

View Full Version : Roof Void

funkman
2005-01-28, 02:35 AM
OK so it may be that I have too much sand up my daks from the swim this morning, but I cant seem to get this simple void to work. I am trying to create a void in the roof at ceiling level and shaped to allow a sexy bulkhead to a skylight.

I keep getting the following error:

None of the created elements are visible in Section: SKYLIGHT SECTION 1 View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings.

I have checked all of this am all jammed up in the head. Can any of you bright and shinies lend a sandy man help with this?

Mr Spot
2005-01-28, 03:59 AM
Could be any number of things;

If you are using worksets, check that the active workset isn't turned off in the view. Check the start and end points for your void (extrusion?) to make sure they're not outside of the view extents. Check that the void (in-place family) is using the roofs category and roofs aren't turned off in the view.

there is a start anyways...

funkman
2005-01-28, 04:11 AM
Thanks Chris, I checked all of those already but no dice. I thought it may be that the section that I am trying to use is not perpendicular to the view but its not that. It can work on elevation view for some reason, but why not on section?

PeterJ
2005-01-28, 08:02 AM
Er, is the work plane such that you are actually modelling the void in a location that cannot be seen in the section?