PDA

View Full Version : Can Thermal Properties be accessed from a schedule?

robinhill833400
2012-05-20, 10:33 AM
Now that we have the U-values calculated for walls etc by Revit 2013,
how can we access that data to make use of it?
I need to do Area Weighted U value calculations for the UK building regulations, which would now be relatively easy if I could access that data in a schedule...but how?

I don't see anything relevant in the Available Field List when creating a schedule.

david_peterson
2012-05-20, 07:55 PM
I believe you would need to make sure those shared parameters are in your project before you can extract them.
Just a thought. But I know it can be done. Our reseller just gave us a little presentation on it. Didn't get into it to deep, but I know it's possible. Weather or not you can get all the info you need in your schedule may be another story.

jsteinhauer
2012-05-21, 01:50 PM
Robin,
This is done in the materials properties dialog box. Edit the structure of the wall and assign the thermal asset for each wall layer accordingly. Revit will calculate the total R & U value for the wall.

I hope this helps,
Jeff S.

Overconstrained
2012-05-21, 10:05 PM
You can then schedule that information in a wall schedule. The Thermal resistance is available as a field.

robinhill833400
2012-05-24, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the input, that solved it.

arb
2012-05-24, 08:13 PM
Is anyone using this as a tool during design development? I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but it sounds as though you could use the wall schedule to quickly look at the thermal performance impact that different design scenarios would have on the project.

- Alex

david_peterson
2012-05-24, 08:15 PM
We've been using some of the energy modeling tools (add-ons) for revit, so yep, we do that.