PDA

View Full Version : Topography interior point elevation values wrong

scott612993
2012-05-25, 12:31 AM
I have a blank 2013 revit project file here sent to me by a client where I have imported a surveyors .dwg file and used his contour line layers only to create a toposurface which is fine. Using absolute elevation points they all appear coorectly along the matching contour lines in my revit topo which lie directly over underlaying survey dwg file. If I label the contour lines from my revit topo they label correctly with the correct heights matching the survey .dwg for example 518000 above my level 0. Using the dimension tool in an elevation view the contour line measures correctly at 518000 from level 0 to the particular contour line. All good.

However if I click the toposurface and then edit > select one of the points lying on the 518000 contourline the actual elevation value displays as 517300, ie: a difference of -700? This seems to be a uniform variation in height accross all the points between what they actually say vs what they actually measure from level 0.

If I start a new project using the default Architectural template file then import the same surveyor .dwg file, create the toposurface using exactly the same method and settings this does not occur. IE; the interior points from the toposurface display the correct height elevation (518000) and measure the same distance so it is obviously something specific in the clients revit project file that is different and causing the issue however I have not come accross this before to know what it is or how to correct it.

Has anyone else come accross this before or have a solution??

pial01
2012-06-27, 10:42 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if you had been able to find a solution to your problem. I'm having the same issue, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Thanks

agustnj.210720
2012-07-03, 05:49 PM
I have the same problem but my difrence is aboute 1250

Nelsonnc24
2012-10-26, 01:02 PM
I just noticed the same problem. Revit countor points when in edit toposuface mode appear to be out by a factor of 786339.
please update if you have a solution or can explain what we are doing

kawiens
2012-11-19, 05:45 PM
I am having the same problem. I've done a quick troubleshooting test by placing toposurface elevation points at 0'-0" to create a flat surface in the project. Looking at the surface in section, it is actually at 90'-1" and when I place a spot elevation tag, it also reads 90'-1". Very frustrating. I would also like to know if you have found a solution.

dylanh12700939
2013-09-19, 04:58 AM
I am having the same problem as these guys so I am reviving the post...any help out there. My spot elevations show the correct elevation but when I edit they are off by 261' (i.e. spot elevation is 100' and the editable point in edit mode is 361'). Any thoughts...very frustrating