PDA

View Full Version : Controlling muntins and sections on doors and windows?

gjburkett
2005-01-28, 04:12 PM
I think a lot of the topics already discussed are more advanced for me, but how do I go about controlling the number of muntins on glass doors and windows and how do I control the number of sections in the Overhead Sectional door? Is there an easy edit feature or do I have to go and find another door/window files to achieve this?

mlgatzke
2005-01-30, 05:16 AM
There is not a simple answer for you.

Number of muntins in a window, panels in a door, or panels in a sectional overhead door. These all would be controlled by creating a custom family of this particular door or window object - probably a nested family - where there were a combination of parametric arrays and conditional visibility parameters. Thus, if the size is "x", then the array parameter has a value of "x=door height/24". I've stated this far too simplified, but it'll give you a basic idea of what's involved. This is not a simple item to create. You might be better off, at first, to just place a window with no muntins and create the muntins you're looking for as an "in place" family. Then just copy them around and modify them as necessary. Then, as you develop your understanding of Revit, you can delve more deeply into this technique.