PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any luck with scheduling elements based on elevation?

T_Livingston
2012-05-25, 04:05 PM
I have been asked by my shop drawing checker if ther is a way Revit can schedlue based on a view or elevation?

He hates searching through the printouts trying to find an element. He isn't very computer savvy so would prefer not to navigate the model.

Sure, I can add a parameter to "hold" the data, but who wants to add the elevation number and sheet number manually? Sheesh.
If anyone has tacked this I would love to hear about it.

Thank you........Thank you very much.

jsteinhauer
2012-05-25, 05:54 PM
I think you can add a back reference label to our elevation tags. If you print as a multi-page DWF, your tags should be live. Haven't tried this since Revit '08.

I hope that helps,
Jeff S.

T_Livingston
2012-05-25, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the response,

Could you explain the Back reference label ?
Thank you.

jsteinhauer
2012-05-25, 06:54 PM
If you look at any view properties, you'll see parameters under Identity Data for Referencing Sheet & Referencing Detail. These should be able to be placed in a label in your tags, and when everything is placed on a sheet, this information will fill out automatically. See attached image for more information.3

Cheers,
Jeff S.

T_Livingston
2012-06-06, 03:19 PM
First, Thank you.
Second, I don't know where to start to retrieve the Referencing sheet and referencing detail.
I tried adding a label to my CW tag but cannot reference back to the sheet info based on the available parameters given.

ANY help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,

Timothy Livingston