PDA

View Full Version : rooms

johnf.77896
2012-05-31, 05:29 PM
Hi, have a project that I started in 2012 and now upgraded to 2013. Trying to place a new room but it will only place the room on the main level even though I have the ref plane set to the upper level. When I select the room in plan or section there is no way to edit the level that it is on. That part of the properties dialog box is greyed out. does anybody know how to place a room on a different level, or have the ability to edit the level once it is in?

thanks

david_peterson
2012-05-31, 06:01 PM
Did you try setting your workplane to the ref plane prior to trying to add a room?
Also I'm assuming that you have a floor and walls modeled to make up the room.

jsteinhauer
2012-05-31, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can't place a room on a reference plane, it needs to be placed on a Level.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

johnf.77896
2012-05-31, 06:29 PM
Dave, I miss spoke. I have my work plane set to my upper level. And you are correct, I have floors, walls and roofs that enclose the space.

thanks

jsteinhauer
2012-05-31, 06:33 PM
John,

If you want to place a room from one level to the other. Delete the room in a plan view (Not a Schedule), then go to another view associated with the correct level. Once there, start the room command by typing (RM), and instead of placing a new room there is a drop down for unplaced rooms. This is good if you're room already has a ton of information associated with it, and you don't want to retype it all.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

david_peterson
2012-05-31, 07:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can't place a room on a reference plane, it needs to be placed on a Level.

Cheers,
Jeff S.
Well there you go. But that's what happens when a structural guy tries to answer an Archie question.