PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Entourage -sketchup import to Revit - Rendering Problem

silversurfer790
2012-06-01, 02:34 AM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to import entourage files from sketchup/google warehouse into REvit 2012...that seems to work as an SU file but when it comes to rendering they only show up as gray outlines.
I need some help please...couldn't find anything conrete on this issue

damon.sidel
2012-06-01, 12:51 PM
Are you importing the SKP into the project or a family? You should bring it into a family, then load the family into the project. I was able to render it just fine (although I haven't tried working with any materials, so it renders a default gray... but shows the whole thing).

UPDATE: Just tested materials out and it works just fine. After you've loaded the SKP into a family, make sure to edit the materials and at least rename the ones that got imported to make it easier to identify them in your project. I'll have to test image mapping next to see if it keeps that, but something tells me it doesn't...

silversurfer790
2012-06-01, 01:52 PM
Hi Damon...thanks for the reply...I'm going nuts..lol
at first I imported the skp into the project via cad file. I already had entourage in the project tho.
How do I load the skp file directly into a family?? Please let me know...
That might be the solution because I was unable to edit/change the materials for the people/entourage file

rbcameron1
2012-06-01, 04:37 PM
You should be able to import the CAD file the same way in a family as you do a project. "Insert" tab - Import CAD button. Once that comes into your family file, you should be able to manage layers for rendering by going to Materials. I imagine that the materials come in from sketchup as "Render Material 79-123-333" or similar naming. Rename the materials to what they are and change their appearance to suit your needs. then load into your project.

silversurfer790
2012-06-01, 04:50 PM
Update: I tried that and it works fine if your skp file is say cabinet or plant...but what if the entourage is actually People? How do you make them look as realistic as they did in the sketchup file? That's my problem.

sbrown
2012-06-01, 05:22 PM
You can't.

silversurfer790
2012-06-01, 06:45 PM
Ok..is there any way to download entourage people for free?

damon.sidel
2012-06-04, 12:35 PM
This one's an age-old rendering question, not a Revit question. Personally, my answer would be: don't include entourage in the rendering. Add it in post-pro with Photoshop or whatever else you use. Second unhelpful answer: if you are looking to add semi-photo real entourage to a rendering, why are you trying to do it with Revit? It would be much easier in Max or another program with more robust rendering capabilities and resources.

silversurfer, I really think you are going to keep going nuts until you either decide to pay for RPC entourage from ArchVision or decide to render with another program. I use an FBX export to Max or a DWG export to Rhino. Depending on the size and complexity of the project, you could also export to SketchUp.