PDA

View Full Version : Include element ID in schedule?

6adworld
2012-06-04, 08:45 PM
Is there a way to include the element ID in a schedule? It appears you can add any field, including custom ones- however element ID is nowhere to be found. Internet/forum search came up with nothing on this one. I'm trying to use a Revit schedule to export element IDs so i can use it in a Primavera and/or MS Project schedule.

The primary question, however, is- is it even possible to include the element ID in a Revit schedule? I guess alternatively you could creat a custom parameter and then populate it with the element ID?

Thanks,
Tristan

jsteinhauer
2012-06-04, 09:34 PM
Tristan,

Element ID is a hidden parameter in the project environment. The only time you'll be able to see it is when you are exporting from a project. You can create a Text parameter and match the Element ID in Excel or Access. You could probably script the population of that parameter.

Hope this helps,
Jeff S.

6adworld
2012-06-04, 09:37 PM
Thanks Jeff. I'm not sure what you mean by "match the Element ID in Excel or Access." Currently my problem is that i can't seem to get the element ID out of Revit- how are you proposing that i get the data out so i can "match" it to my custom text field for each object?

Tristan

jsteinhauer
2012-06-04, 09:50 PM
I have used Ideate BIM Link to export information sets out to Excel, so someone not familiar with Revit could make changes, run reports and the like. Element ID is available with this 3D party software, so in Excel I would copy/paste the cell value from one column to the other. Once changes are complete, I'd then import back into Revit with BIM Link. There are other 3D party software for this as well. AutoDesk has Revit DB Link, but I can't get it to work without IT support, and that hasn't happened yet.

Does this help?
Jeff S.

6adworld
2012-06-04, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the clarification- i guess the takeaway answer is that you can't add element ID to schedules, and the only way to access the parameter period is with third party software.

thanks again.