PDA

View Full Version : Schedules - lighting fixtures per room

momarch
2012-06-06, 02:42 PM
Hello,

This is probably simple for some of you, but I haven't fully mastered the schedules yet.

I have a bunch of lighting fixtures in a schedule (sorted by room) and I want to set up the schedule so that each fixture shows up only once PER ROOM with a column that shows the total number of them in that room, rather than each single fixture showing up as one per line. Right now I have a long list that shows one fixture per line.

I have a feeling this involves a formula.

I could "fudge" this by sorting the fixtures to show up as many times as I like and then manually inputting the number of them per room, but that would be disappointing because I am trying to learn to maximize the BIM capabilities.

I'm hoping someone out there has done this a million times and can quickly clue me in.

Thanks in advance!

Alfredo Medina
2012-06-06, 03:11 PM
In the Sorting and Grouping tab of the schedule's properties:

Sort by Room Name or Room Number.
Activate a Footer for "Totals only" after sorting by room.
Turn OFF "Itemize every instance".
Turn ON "Grand totals", "Totals only".

jsteinhauer
2012-06-06, 04:55 PM
So if you have several different types of fixtures in each room, and you want to list each type separately, you'll want to add an additional sort by for fixture family & type. Then add the 'Count' parameter to your schedule as well. This should give you the total for each fixture type and the total for each room as Alfredo mentioned above.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

momarch
2012-06-09, 01:24 AM
Thank you both for the advice. I will try out your suggestions on Monday and get back to you with the results. My son is graduating from high school tomorrow, so I'm off of Revit for a couple of days!!

momarch
2012-06-11, 11:01 PM
Success!

Thank you Alfredo and jsteinhauer!!! I still have to check things over, but it appears to have worked very well! Learned something new today.

pmattox382841
2013-05-22, 07:04 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say that the answers in this topic helped me quite a bit as well. Thanks!

FORRESTHEANEY411285
2013-09-26, 09:39 PM
how did you get the schedule to show the lights per room, i can get a fixture schedule and a room schedule but i cant get them to show up on the same sheet and itemized

jsteinhauer
2013-09-26, 09:48 PM
how did you get the schedule to show the lights per room, i can get a fixture schedule and a room schedule but i cant get them to show up on the same sheet and itemized

You need to start a Fixture schedule. On the fields tab, the bottom left corner, there is a drop down to go from Lighting Fixtures to Rooms. This is where you pull in the room information into your Lighting Fixture schedule.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

FORRESTHEANEY411285
2013-09-27, 07:25 PM
thanks for such a quick response, i did try that and it does add the columns but there blank. i am using revit mep with a linked arch file. (i did click the include linked file button)

jsteinhauer
2013-09-30, 01:53 PM
Rooms will not schedule from a linked model, for any schedule type other than Room. This is something I've been struggling with on my current project for over two years. I have Specialty Equipment in my model, and have it sorted by room. I was asked to remove Rooms from my model, by our project lead. Following this request, disconnected equipment from the Rooms. This was all in RAC, but I'm sure it is the same with RMEP.

Sorry for the bad news,
Jeff S.

dhurtubise
2013-10-02, 10:17 AM
Classic problem. We tend to heavily model the furniture here so it's almost a separate model. We turned to the API to locate our elements through linked files.

jsteinhauer
2013-10-02, 02:54 PM
Classic problem. We tend to heavily model the furniture here so it's almost a separate model. We turned to the API to locate our elements through linked files.

Please tell me more...

dhurtubise
2013-10-02, 04:15 PM
Basically the app looks for the room in a link file, and report the wanted parameter in the element.
Only downside is that you have to run it manually but it works flawlessly

jsteinhauer
2013-10-03, 02:23 PM
So are you using the Native Revit parameters for Room data? Is this a commercially available app, or something written in house?