PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Sloped Roof Layer NOT Hosting Skylight to Surface

myBIMhero
2012-06-08, 05:29 PM
I have a skylight used throughout the building. It is roof hosted and "Always vertical" is UNCHECKED. It is hosted on two different kinds of roofs. One is sloped from one end to the other using the slope arrow and it hosts the skylight parallel to the surface and looks how it should. The other has tapered insulation using sub elements. In this case the skylight is hosting in the roof, but it is remaining vertical (same as you would get with always vertical checked) and following the the slope of the surface. I also tested out a surface hosted object with same results. (WISH - Ability to change the hosting category in a family instead of having to rebuild it using another!) In both cases, the skylight sits at a position that is the top height of the roof with no adjustments (0" change)

Also as a side note, we are using a single roof - not 2 roofs or a roof and a floor slab. We also have a ceiling based shaft that aligns to the skylight and the underside of the roof. Therefore I'd like to keep the skylight one object. Does anyone have an idea about this? Appreciate it - thanks.