PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Creating wall sections & details

churchp765941
2012-06-11, 08:00 PM
I'm new to REVIT 2013, although working int eh Architecture filed for 25 + years, primarily using Datacad. Is there a quick way to create window jamb, head and sill details in REVIT from a CAD section provided by a manufacturer?
Thanks in advance.

Peter

bbeck
2012-06-11, 09:54 PM
I'm new to REVIT 2013, although working int eh Architecture filed for 25 + years, primarily using Datacad. Is there a quick way to create window jamb, head and sill details in REVIT from a CAD section provided by a manufacturer?
Thanks in advance.

Peter

Quick and easy answer is yes, import the CAD files into drafting views.

Revitaoist
2012-06-11, 11:39 PM
To avoid all the imported CAD info, insert the DWG into a dummy project drafting view, change the CAD lines to Revit linetypes, then copyclip to your project.

david_peterson
2012-06-12, 01:54 PM
I like the above posters option. Really you want to make all your details with revit based objects. Aacd object in Revit will come back to bite you.
Personally I'm totally against importing or linking cad files into Revit. If you need that cad detail quickly, you'll get better results if you create a jpeg of the dwg detail and insert or link that into your drafting view. There's many things that revit won't import correctly from cad like hatch, text and I believe leaders. Although I haven't tired to import cad details in a long time so they may have made some improvements.