PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Copying the 2d detailng lines and components from one file to another

diesellam
2012-06-13, 05:03 PM
Is it possible to do so? If not, how can I break the file apart so that I can work on the 2d detailing within the Revit file while the other guy is working on the other part of the file.

jsteinhauer
2012-06-13, 05:19 PM
You can copy views from another project under the Insert Tab of the UI Ribbon. Otherwise copy & paste usually works just fine. You don't need to break the project apart. You two can even be working in the same view. You just can try to modify the same component at the same time.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

david_peterson
2012-06-13, 05:38 PM
Another key thing to remember is to make sure that all of your families are the same between the 2 projects. If there are any families with the same name and different parameters, you may end up with poor results.
Also, anything that was over ridden in the original 2d detail will have to be over ridden again.
And only 2d objects will be copied.

gbrowne
2012-06-14, 02:48 PM
I've found that when copying from Revit file A to Revit file B, Revit doesn't like it when you close the window/file from file A before you paste it in file B...