PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Fatal Floor

jsteinhauer
2012-06-13, 08:30 PM
Hi All,

I have been troubled by fatal errors when modeling a finished floor for my current project. I start a floor and draw the boundary the way that I expect it to be built, and when I go to finish, Revit crashes. Revit prompts me to save a recovery, but doesn't. Is there limitations to floors that I'm just not aware of? For example, a floor must less then 50 boundary lines, can not be larger than 200sqft., or has a relationship between the size and the number of boundary lines.

Oh when will service pack one come out?

Thanks,
Jeff S.

sbrown
2012-06-13, 09:10 PM
Did you try creating jsut a simple sketch, finish and see if it still crashes. I've never run into a limitation on the number of lines in a sketch. So its probably some sort of regeneration issue.

jsteinhauer
2012-06-13, 09:37 PM
Yes, simple floors work just fine. I was going down a corridor, into door openings and the like. That is why I wanted to know if there was a max number of sketch lines. I split the corridor in half at a logical point and it worked for both halves. Still wondering if there is an issue with the floors.

Thanks,
Jeff S.

david_peterson
2012-06-14, 05:36 PM
Jeff,
I've done floors with well over 100 boundary lines, maybe closer to 200.
I tend to make my whole floor plate of that time with one object and use boundary lines to create all the openings for ducts, pipes, and shafts.
Haven't done it yet in 2013, so maybe there's an issue.

sbrown
2012-06-14, 07:12 PM
Are there wall that are attaching to this floor? a shaft already going thru it? Sounds like something is corrupt.

jsteinhauer
2012-06-14, 09:06 PM
It didn't even get to the point of asking me if I would like to attach this new floor to walls. It would crash as soon as I clicked the green check mark to finish the floor sketch command. I guess my workaround of doing smaller floor areas is working for now. Again, I'm hoping Service Pack 1 comes out soon, and that will fix this.

Thanks,
Jeff S.

Batman
2012-06-22, 12:55 AM
We are having considerable trouble with 2013. Finishing a sketch, whether it be floor, site topo, ceiling, roof every now and then causes Revit 2013 to crash. And the crash doesn't even offer a recovery save option, revit 2013 just disappears.... like BOOM. We have gotten into the practice of saving every five min.

Anyone know if an update is available for 2013. It's seriously needed as it's buggy as hell.

patricks
2012-06-22, 02:01 PM
Have you submitted any support requests to Autodesk? What are your computer and OS specs on the machines that are having issues with crashing?

jsteinhauer
2012-06-22, 02:28 PM
I don't think it is a hardware issue, but I'm on a HP-Z400 with the attached specs.

cbalestreri
2012-06-22, 04:05 PM
I have had the same problems with 2013 while sketching a floor. I compensated for it by only sketching a handful of lines at a time and ending the loop back in the center of the room. I'd finish the sketch, save, and modify the footprint. My project is a 150 door warehouse, so I got to do it over and over and over. The floor behaves , but it's a pain to create