PDA

View Full Version : View Range

chrisr
2012-06-20, 02:31 PM
Hopefully someone can solve this one, or am I misunderstanding how this works altogether.

I have inserted a 300mm high wall onto the Ground Floor plan.

The bottom 'Associated with Ground Floor' - set to 0.00.

The cut plane set to 'Associated with Ground Floor' - 250mm

The top 'Associated with Ground Floor' - set at 2000mm. This should be irrelevant.

In theory cutting through a 300mm high wall at the level of 250mm I should be able to see the section properties of that wall. This is not the case, any or all ideas welcome.

rudolfweyers346383
2012-06-20, 02:56 PM
Sometimes when cutting object, check your detail level, for instance, walls has a coarse hatch pattern, but when changing it to medium or fine detail it will use the material hatch pattern properties, if you havent set a hatch pattern it will appear as if the wall is not being cut

chrisr
2012-06-20, 04:56 PM
Tried that, still doesn't seem too work.

antman
2012-06-20, 09:18 PM
Not sure how the metric units are handled in Revit, but any wall 5'-0" (1524 mm) or shorter displays only the finish face. If you *really* need to, you *can* trick Revit, however, by setting the base of the wall to be associated to the level above, with a negative offset. Of course then if the height of the level above changes, so will the wall...

Alfredo Medina
2012-06-20, 10:11 PM
When the units are set to Metric, the wall needs to be at least 2.0 meters high to display the inner layers at medium or fine detail level.
When the units are set to Imperial, the wall needs to be at least 6 feet high (1.82 meters).

So, your short wall of just 200 mm high does not qualify in any of those two limits. So it's not the view range, but the effect of some hard coded limits.