PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Loading Revit Structure into Revit Architecture

Bubba
2012-06-21, 02:56 AM
Tomorrow at work I have been given the task of trying to load revit structure into my Revit architecture project via from the architectural firms revit drawing. Will this be a load from 'revit links' procedure? I'm new at this process and the only cad man at my office. Thanks!

Alfredo Medina
2012-06-21, 01:15 PM
What do you mean by "Load Revit Structure into Revit Architecture"? That sentence sounds very strange. Maybe you just mean to link the structural model into the architectural model?

antman
2012-06-21, 02:40 PM
The biggest thing to be sure to do is when you link in the structural model, choose 'Auto - Origin to Origin' for the placement.

Bubba
2012-06-21, 11:00 PM
The Arch./Structural firm initially sent the architectural drawings in before I started this job/project. Now my co. hired me to load the struct. drawings in via 'Box' email from the same firm. I'm not sure if I should except it as a Central Model or Local?

antman
2012-06-22, 02:58 PM
You want the Central file. You want to make sure the file name will not change over the life of the project. If you get a local file, it will have that user's login name as part of the file name. This means you will need to rename the file if a different user provides it to you. Also, I have seen major problems occur (for example, one user could see it, but no others could) with linked files using files that had been manually renamed.

antman
2012-06-22, 03:01 PM
Also, I've seen suggestions that the Central should be specially 'prepared' before sending (detach from central, relinquish, save as, etc.) but I have found that if you are only using it to link in, none of that is necessary. Just a direct copy of the Central file is fine. Now, if you are going to be working in that file, that's a different story...