PDA

View Full Version : How to make specific wall types show in a schedule?

patricks
2012-06-21, 10:06 PM
I'm trying to figure the area of all walls on a project that use 6" studs. It looks like I cannot filter the schedule to include only the 4 different 6" stud wall types I have, as their type marks are not sequential. Is there some other way to make it work?

The wall type marks in question are i3, i7, i7a, and i10. Looking for a total area of wall of those four types.

Alfredo Medina
2012-06-21, 10:55 PM
Add a value, such as "studs" in the Type Comments parameters of one element of those 4 wall types. Then, add Type Comments to the wall schedule and filter the schedule by Type Comments > equals > "studs".

Revitaoist
2012-06-21, 11:34 PM
My trick for all schedules is to make a y/n parameter called "appears in schedule", filter schedule by this parameter

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-06-22, 05:08 AM
Not sure what information is included in your naming convention for assemblies but mine includes a core dimension so I'd just need to filter for that size.
You can add it as a custom parameter or as part of a built in parameter such as type comments.

patricks
2012-06-22, 01:30 PM
I still wonder why you can't filter by the family name or type name. Seems like that would be an obvious way to do it, but that field isn't available in the Filter tab.

DaveP
2012-06-22, 01:39 PM
I still wonder why you can't filter by the family name or type name. Seems like that would be an obvious way to do it, but that field isn't available in the Filter tab.
Ditto for being able to use OR instead of just AND to filter.