PDA

View Full Version : Tree Heights.?

aliya14
2005-01-31, 08:47 AM
Hello,
I had aquery regarding the tree heights...I have taken Evergreen- rhodendron with the plant season as late spring.
Now when i increase the tree height about 40' in height in 3d it shows the increase in height but whilst rendering the trees seem to be very small just like shrubs.
Why does this problem occur did anyone else also faced the same problem.
Regards,
Aliya

beegee
2005-01-31, 09:02 AM
Aliya,

Read through this thread - Resizing of tree (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=12316&highlight=plant%2A) it may help ?

Mr Spot
2005-01-31, 10:59 PM
I've also had this problem sometimes when rendering. I expect its from not fully understanding how to create trees in accurrender as i've only had it happen for trees that i've tried to build myself.

Can't say that i've had any problems with the trees that are in-built. Best bet is to keep fiddling in accurender and see if you can some how elongate the tree.

BG, that refers to the modelling aspect of resizing a tree and not the rendering side.

beegee
2005-01-31, 11:07 PM
I think ( thought ) that David Driver's course notes ( referenced in that thread ) did cover rendering aspects. I'll recheck when I get time. I may ask David if we can post his notes as a Tutorial.

BG, that refers to the modelling aspect of resizing a tree and not the rendering side.

Mr Spot
2005-02-01, 03:08 AM
I think ( thought ) that David Driver's course notes ( referenced in that thread ) did cover rendering aspects. I'll recheck when I get time. I may ask David if we can post his notes as a Tutorial.
Righteo then.. Cool.

aliya14
2005-02-01, 05:43 AM
Thanx to all of u,
My problem remains as it is, i have problem with the resizing of the trees with the built-in trees we have in revit.the tree heights don't change when I change the tree heights through the properties tab.
Regards,
Aliya

beegee
2005-02-04, 12:16 AM
If you can get access to David Drivers AU 2004 course notes " Gardening with Autodesk Revit " BD 24-4, you could work through that and I think you will get what you need from it.

If you can't get it, post back and I'll see what I can do.

papurajx
2005-02-04, 01:10 AM
If you can get access to David Drivers AU 2004 course notes " Gardening with Autodesk Revit " BD 24-4,

Hi Beegee

Is it possible to get a copy of that? I am interested in reading the 'AU2004 Course Notes'.
It is unfortunate that AU is always held in US and not in any other place in the globe though Autodesk products are used all over the world.

Can anyone post the AU Course notes?

beegee
2005-02-04, 01:45 AM
I'm looking into it.........

shhhh...we have gotten permission to host all previous years AU handouts on AUGI.com. I have amassed the complete archive from 2001, 2002, and 2003. I understand our team is approximately 30% complete with making these available for all our members. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

RLB

Hi Beegee

Is it possible to get a copy of that? I am interested in reading the 'AU2004 Course Notes'.
It is unfortunate that AU is always held in US and not in any other place in the globe though Autodesk products are used all over the world.

Can anyone post the AU Course notes?

beegee
2005-02-04, 01:54 AM
Bill,

I have ( maybe temporarily ) deleted your message.

In another thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=88750#post88750), I have just been posting some lengthy legal opinions on what can and cannot be copied or freely posted in forums. I suspect that the AU Course notes are under copyright to their authors and maybe AU as well.

blads
2005-02-04, 02:03 AM
BG

thats cool - wouldn't want to get into trouble breaching copyright :Oops: