PDA

View Full Version : Window / Door Numbers on Plan missing

SimonBeau
2012-06-22, 10:01 AM
Sure there must be something simple I am missing but the numbering of windows and doors seems completely random in my projects in terms of what is displayed on the floor plans. Some windows will display their number others won't. I can't see any options amongst the properties about turning on the display of numbers.

For example in attached image, window 94 and 25 display their numbers but there are several windows which aren't displaying theirs.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Simon

damon.sidel
2012-06-22, 01:40 PM
Those windows were tagged and the others aren't. This often happens when people are unaware that the tag on placement option is checked or unchecked when they insert a window.

If you want tags on all windows do this: Annotate tab > Tag All... choose a tag from the Window Tags Category, check all the other options in the dialog to see if you want to change anything, then click OK. Every window in that view will now have a window tag.

Then in the future, it is just a matter of consistency... but you can always tag all as described no matter what stage of the project.

SimonBeau
2012-06-22, 01:48 PM
Exactly what I needed to know, many thanks