PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Project North

MikeJarosz
2012-06-22, 02:58 PM
I have been drawing my project onto Revit topography facing true north. The building is actually rotated 15 degrees, and it's time to establish project north. My site consists of roads, sidewalks, parking etc. The building itself will be a link.

I established a reference plane at the 15 degree angle and selected it to establish project north.

The parking spaces failed to rotate
the parking lot disappeared
the rest of the data rotated correctly

For now, the file is a standalone. Worksets are not enabled, but I will have to share soon and I want project north established, because it makes most of the building orthogonal.

SamuelAB
2012-07-17, 03:46 PM
You are supposed to draw orthogonally and THEN rotate the Real North, not draw non-orthogonally.

As for the steps to rotate the project North, You are not supposed to rotate the project per say. Here are some step by step instructions, is this what you did?

• On a Plan or Site Plan, change the View's Orientation to "True North"
• Click Manage tab Project Location panel > Position drop-down > Rotate True North.
• Rotate the project to it's True North.
• Change the view's orientation back to "Project North".

Revitaoist
2012-07-17, 04:11 PM
If the building is a link, you should be doing the CD's in the building file. Set True North in the building file per Samuel's post then link in the site.

patricks
2012-07-18, 06:43 PM
I do it the other way. Establish True North in the site file, either by Rotate True North or acquiring coordinates from a linked CAD survey file. Then bring in the building and position as needed. Then publish coordinates to the building file. After all that I go in the building file and bring in the site file via Shared Coordinates and everything lines up just right, with True and Project North defined as it should be.