PDA

View Full Version : Making the new construction in old remodel project show as existing in new project?

Griff
2012-06-25, 06:49 PM
I'm sure there is an easy way to do this but sometimes I just go brain dead and this is one of those times.

I've got a facility that we had remodeled a portion of a couple floors. I want to copy and use that old Revit model as a template for this new remodel of the same building. I want to remove all the old demolition and change the new construction in that old project to existing.

What is the best way of doing this?

patricks
2012-06-25, 06:56 PM
EASIEST way would be to create a new phase after the New Construction phase of your previous project. All your new work will be on that new phase, and all your model views will be set to Show Previous + New phases.

Griff
2012-06-25, 07:38 PM
Dang Patricks,,,,,you're pretty smart! Thanks

Edit,,,how would you deal with the items that were previously demoed in the old remodel?

patricks
2012-06-25, 09:33 PM
Those items still exist in the Existing phase, and demolished in the New Construction phase. You could rename "New Construction" to something else like "Previous Project". Then make a new phase called "New Construction" or something else like "Phase 2".

The other method is to select everything that was "new" on the last project and change the Phase Created parameter to Existing. But that method is a bit more difficult and time consuming because you may or may not have selected everything, and certain things cannot be changed separate from other things, i.e. storefront mullions and panels can't have their phases changed separately from the whole storefront wall. As such if you select all those things you won't even see Phase parameters to allow you to change them.

The "Phase" method keeps everything intact from the previous project. I would probably just go through and remove views that don't apply to the new project, or modify them as needed to apply to the new project i.e. set their phases to your new latest construction phase.

Griff
2012-06-25, 09:59 PM
Thank you very much! I'm liking the Phase Option :)