PDA

View Full Version : Tapered wall

Norton_cad
2012-06-25, 11:48 PM
I need to create a tapered wall which is 230mm at one end and 275 mm at the other end. What is the best method of doing this?

Alfredo Medina
2012-06-26, 12:31 PM
If the section of the wall varies from one side to the other, either in plan view or side view, it can be done with a swept blend solid. Define the path and define the two profiles.

Mike Sealander
2012-06-26, 12:39 PM
As a clarification, you can build the wall as an in-place family using the swept blend solid creation tool, or you can create an in-place mass using the swept blend tool (or extrusion, if the shape is simpler) and then pick faces to create walls.

Norton_cad
2012-06-26, 01:16 PM
The method I employed was create a mass, then apply a wall 150mm thick to the inner face and exterior face, then joined the walls together. Unfortunately, any windows applied to this wall requires a second opening on the inner face, and the wall schedule dosn't acuratly reflect this tapered wall. I'll have a look at sweeps, but after all it's just another mass...

Another option would be a lofted solid in ACAD, but I'm looking for a better solution in Revit. Any other ideas?