PDA

View Full Version : Can ramp be reliable for construction?

Alvin_Alejandro
2012-06-27, 04:17 AM
A complicated ramp from basement 3 to Level 1.. because of the complexity I cut it to pieces & changed the properties
to solved issues..Is this reliable for the contuction? When I cut into pieces the ratio increase & decrease, I would like to know if you have better idea..

Alfredo Medina
2012-06-27, 02:37 PM
I think, that you don't necessarily have to cut everything in little pieces. You could make the turns in straight angles, and after the ramp is made, edit the boundary lines that form the landings, to be arcs; and if the section of the ramp is not constant, you could edit the boundary edges, as well. This one is an example, more regular, of course, but just to show that a ramp can be done in one single piece, with multiple flights and round landings.

Alvin_Alejandro
2012-06-28, 12:54 AM
I think, that you don't necessarily have to cut everything in little pieces. You could make the turns in straight angles, and after the ramp is made, edit the boundary lines that form the landings, to be arcs; and if the section of the ramp is not constant, you could edit the boundary edges, as well. This one is an example, more regular, of course, but just to show that a ramp can be done in one single piece, with multiple flights and round landings.

You can try my model but I'm sure you cannot achieved the ramp intension more you'll find crazy "melting" or unexplainable experience..

Alvin_Alejandro
2012-06-28, 01:10 AM
One more thing once you make a modification you may try to compare with my original rvt file,

you'll find a big discrepancies between the models even if they have same ramp max slope(1/X). Its worth knowing..

Alfredo Medina
2012-06-28, 10:56 AM
Well, my point is that if you plan the ramp carefully with reference planes, proper settings, etc, it is possible to do certain ramps without breaking everything in little pieces.
If your design cannot be done with ramps, you will have to model it with points and surfaces with the generic adaptive template.

Alvin_Alejandro
2012-06-28, 11:22 AM
Actual what I'm trying say is: this will be constructed, Can ramp command be realiable for construction? ans: NO for this complex ramp' for simple yes 'fine'..
And what getting with the same slope property settings ramp max slope (1/12) is different ersult...when breaking it into small or big pieces. coz it does'nt work in flight method the outcome is twisted..
So Im looking, if someone has a better idea.

Alfredo Medina
2012-06-28, 12:09 PM
I think you are confusing 2 different things: one thing is tool in a software application and the other thing is the accuracy or legibility of a construction drawing. You could draw all this ramp with pencil and paper if you had all the correct elevations and points. If that drawing on paper conveys all the necessary information correctly, the builder should be able to build it. Doing a correct construction drawing of a ramp does not have anything to do with the ramp tool in Revit.

Alvin_Alejandro
2012-07-05, 03:30 AM
Can you address the problem...I dont need pencil & paper?