PDA

View Full Version : Fascia Profile (was>Quick Question.)

jakedanceparty
2005-01-31, 06:49 PM
I’ve been working with Revit for about the last 2 to 3 months. I went to a meeting at the Irvine office about 2 months ago and they mentioned something about using different things from other peoples drawings or d/ling them from the augi website. For example I wanted to put a different fascia on my roof and I really don’t have any different examples in my Revit program I have tried to use the Website library but have found nothing for that. If anyone could help It would be appreciated

beegee
2005-01-31, 10:03 PM
Hi Jake,

If you used the "Host Sweep" -Roof Fascia tool to place the fascias around the roof, you can load other profiles from the standard library - Profiles > Roofs, then select the fascia , go to Properties and swap the default profile for the new one(s).

You can create new profiles, or get others from the AUGI Revit Exchange and / or other sites.

jakedanceparty
2005-02-01, 12:43 AM
Hi Jake,

If you used the "Host Sweep" -Roof Fascia tool to place the fascias around the roof, you can load other profiles from the standard library - Profiles > Roofs, then select the fascia , go to Properties and swap the default profile for the new one(s).

You can create new profiles, or get others from the AUGI Revit Exchange and / or other sites.

I dont think it will let me load any of the fascias because I am using the 30 day trial ver. When I go to profile it just says default and nothing else. I've also gone to The web library and found nothing for roof fascia. If you know of any sites that I can d/l anything to help me I am trying convince my boss that this program is the way to go before he puts out the money to buy it.

thank you.

beegee
2005-02-01, 01:00 AM
To load a fascia profile ( there are only a couple in the standard library )

File > Load from Library > Load Family > Metric ( in my case ) Library > Profiles > Roofs > select profiles.

Once loaded in the project,
Select the fascia from a roof plan > Properties > Edit / new > Profile drop down menu > select replace.

The trial version will allow you to do this.

The Links page (http://www.augi.com/revit/default.asp?page=375)has links to the Augi Revit Exchange and to RevitCity, and ( before Arias chimes in ) there is also symbolmachine.com . These sites will have other profiles. You can also search for facia profiles in the Revit forums using the search keyword " fascia ". You can also make you own profiles, they are not difficult to do.

HTH.

I dont think it will let me load any of the fascias because I am using the 30 day trial ver. When I go to profile it just says default and nothing else. I've also gone to The web library and found nothing for roof fascia. If you know of any sites that I can d/l anything to help me I am trying convince my boss that this program is the way to go before he puts out the money to buy it.

thank you.