PDA

View Full Version : Project Navigator sheets

cbiddulph
2005-01-31, 08:52 PM
has anyone had this problem: creating a project with the project navigator then saving it to the "windows based" network. Then a co-worker opens that same project off the network and continues working with it but when they get down to creating sheets it gives an error "sheet set is being edited by another user." no one has the drawing open!? Does anyone know why this error is showing when creating sheets but not on constructs or views?
Thanks in advance,

david_peterson
2005-01-31, 09:42 PM
check your dst file. if it's 0kb it's corrupt.
If you need to change sheet names or move sheets, be sure to use the "Explorer View" inside project navigator, or use the base AutoCAD "Sheetset" command. If you change the name of a sheet inside the sheet set view of Project Navigator, I can tell you it's going to crash. It may not do it the first time, but it will. I've lost the sheet set/.dst file about 4 times now, when some rookie decides to mess around with it.

cbiddulph
2005-01-31, 10:21 PM
so your dst's name will change to 0kb?

Steve_Bennett
2005-02-01, 12:39 AM
so your dst's name will change to 0kb?I'm pretty sure he meant the size of the dst file, not the name of the file.

david_peterson
2005-02-01, 05:11 PM
Ok, so i should have put down that your .dst file will have a file size of 0 kB.
Not that it's a huge deal, just re-load the project, and it will re-create the sheet set, but you will have to go in and change the name of every sheet in the set.
Just remember to do it in the "explorer view" of the sheet set manager or use the base autocad command "sheetset" to get where you need to go.