PDA

View Full Version : 2012 My Topo exploded

MikeJarosz
2012-07-16, 02:59 PM
Help! My topo exploded and leaked all over the site. The attached screen shot shows my building on the site. The roads and parking are shown selected, but not in edit mode. The blue highlighting shows the roads "leaking" into the building and onto the grass, but when I enter edit boundary mode, the sketch lines look correct and when I hit OK, I get no warnings of overlays or gaps. Since the roads have asphalt material, parts of the building and grass are reading as gray.

What could be happening?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-07-16, 03:08 PM
Any chance you have two surfaces there? Design options, phases?

sbrown
2012-07-16, 03:42 PM
thats what I was thinking, it looks like two ontop of each other.

MikeJarosz
2012-07-16, 04:46 PM
there are 2 options -- look at the bottom of the window. This is option 2. I've been working on this a month. This only just happened. Of course, tomorrow is the deadline! I just attempted redrawing the parking lot. When I detached the parking lot from the roads and saved the edit, the garbage went away.

MikeJarosz
2012-07-16, 05:26 PM
I continued editing........ There is a front parking lot and off to the side a loading dock. I removed both, and the "leak" went away. I restored the front parking and it was OK. So then, by elimination, something was wrong with the loading area. I have a fence that follows the road (which was imported from Acad Civil) At first I used a spline. This time I replaced the spline with approximate lines, and it worked. Maybe using splines in subregions is not a good idea? That pretty much kills roads on a site plan.

Why doesn't ADesk just buy Eagle Point and make us all happy? :lol:

cliff collins
2012-07-16, 05:52 PM
Yep--Revit + Splines = Garbage!

and another Yep--I have been asking for better Site Tools in Revit since 1999!!!! Eagle Point is on the right track--but they still can't get parking stripes/stalls to conform to the sloped topography!!!
And it uses Masses for lofting curbs up a sloped topo surface--which I agree works, but it's just not the best workflow, as Masses are really intended for overall building form, etc. Anyway--glad you got it sorted out.

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-07-16, 10:59 PM
Maybe using splines in subregions is not a good idea?
Never done it so it has never been an issue for me. That's one to file away for clients though. Thanks