PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Converting Revit Structure 2012 projects to 2013

p.hine149054
2012-07-17, 12:10 AM
Has anyone had any problems after converting 2012 files to 2013 whereby you get graphical display errors such as masking regions not masking (on screen only), filled regions not shading (on screen only) but PDF or hardcopy prints work fine?

However, the problem is not replicated if I create a new project in 2013 and add masking regions, filled regions, detail components with filled or masking regions etc.

Have done the usual by checking and un-checking hardware acceleration and anti-aliasing, transferring project standards from a new 2013 project etc etc but no luck thus far

Any word on the street?

sbrown
2012-07-17, 02:16 PM
You'll need to find the right video driver, there is lots of issues with graphics in 2013. But many are solved by the right driver.

sbrown
2012-07-17, 02:53 PM
You'll need to find the right video driver, there is lots of issues with graphics in 2013. But many are solved by the right driver.

DaveP
2012-07-17, 06:02 PM
We're Arch only, so I can't confirm this first-hand, but our prime Structural consultant said he has the same problem.
Autodesk is supposedly working on it. Maybe that's why it's taking so long to get the first Service Pack out.

There is also a Post at the Revit Clinic that talks about the (or at least one of the) issue that Scott is talking about:
http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/04/glazing-appears-through-walls-in-revit-2013.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Ftherevitclinic+%28The+Revit+Clinic%29

lzaras
2012-07-18, 06:30 PM
I ran into the issue this morning.
If my views are set to Discipline: Structural, the masking and filled regions misbehave.
If my views are set to Discipline: Coordination, the masking and filled regions work correctly.

It looks like Autodesk is currently working on this, but I fear they're after the wrong solution. I was told to look at threads that dealt with the attached links being set to <by linked view> but I really think it has something to do with the Discipline setting.