PDA

View Full Version : DWG Export Settings Was UP!?

sjsl
2005-02-01, 04:02 PM
I went to export a revit file v7 (latest build) into a dwg file (default template) as a test for someone standing here. I went to load the AIA standards, good so far, and then I noticed that it had loaded or kept from somewhere, layers that I have not used in over a year from multpile projects, entire xref sets, whole car and truck compnonets, even greek layers.

Any thoughts?

I have never done a save as to change this setting.

It's like it has kept every layer that I have ever done or imported. Very strange.

sbrown
2005-02-02, 03:44 PM
Any time you import a dwg or add new subcategories revit automatically adds them to the export list so you can control them on export. I have gotten rid of them but I can't remember how, I just don't worry about them anymore, they don't affect anything. I think if you open the export template file in notepad, you can delete them from there, but if those categories are in your revit template, they will come back.

sjsl
2005-02-02, 04:51 PM
Right you are! I found the little text file in notepad and got rid of over 250 layers in just one spot in the text file.

thanks.

jbalding48677
2005-02-02, 09:06 PM
SJSL -

Looks like a purge command for the layers.txt file is in order??? Have you submitted this as wishlist item?

- JB