PDA

View Full Version : Finding An Object

BRADLEY.BRIGMAN1819
2003-10-27, 02:38 PM
After saving back to the central file I lose control of objects. I then have to go through the famlies and find which one I need again. Is there a way to right click, left click, middle click, or any clicking at all to be able to figure out which family or view this object is on so I can make it editable?

gnl
2003-10-27, 03:02 PM
Normally view and family worksets allow editing on the fly without any problem.
Do you release all of your worksets when saving to the central file?
If you mention objects - components - the workset they are on is in the properties window... the field is added only after activating worksets.

I suggest you don't release the worksets you are using when saving back to central so all of your components are editable...

Steve_Stafford
2003-10-27, 03:21 PM
I recall you saying you are pretty new to Revit...Worksets is a feature that requires quite a bit of understanding. Are you familiar with the online training available to Revit users? It's free! (well, part of your subscription fee really)

Check out the Revit product area of www.autodesk.com. Follow the training link and then class schedule and/or curriculum. The "Working in a Multi-user environment" class is one you should take (everyone new should take them all, I even take them over again occasionally). Allow 1.5 hours to take part. The next one is Nov 7th at 2pm.