PDA

View Full Version : Room Area Schedule that subtotal and gross building area

krushert
2012-07-25, 07:00 PM
Okay first I am new to Revit so keep that in mind. I have a room area schedule that I need two things done to it.

Frist I need show at the bottom a sub total and a gross building are label/parameter. I have the subtotal item partialy there. It is subtotaling but I need to change the title from "Grand Total" to "Total Net Floor Area". Second I need row below that to with a label/parameter to pull the "Gross Building Floor Area" See the scree shot.

Second Item is that I need to compare this data with what was in the orginal proposal. So how do I add a column and manualy enter data so that client can compare model to what was proposed?

See attached screen shot uploading screen shot again in a few

krushert
2012-07-25, 08:30 PM
Apparently my IT department is not allowing me to upload screen shots

damon.sidel
2012-07-25, 08:35 PM
I can only answer your last question: you need to add a project parameter, then add that as a field to your schedule. Here's how you do it.

1. Manage tab > Project Parameters...
2. Click the "Add..." button.
3. In the Parameter Data area, add a name, change the discipline if appropriate, make sure that the "Type of Parameter" is "Area", set the "Group parameter under:" is appropriate (like "General" or "Analysis Results", whatever makes sense to you); Make sure that this is an Instance parameter because it will be different for each room; in the "Categories" are, check the "Rooms" box so that this parameter gets applied to the rooms in your project.
4. Click OK, then OK.
5. In your schedule, edit the Fields and add your new parameter.
6. If you want a total for this field, too, edit the Formatting for your schedule, select your new parameter, check "Calculate totals".

That should do it. As for your other questions, I'm at a loss. I hope others can help you.

krushert
2012-07-25, 09:19 PM
Okay I got it. What I did was create 3 schedules. The first schedule (the one in the screen shot above), I turned off the Grand Total Button. And for now I deleted the extra column to the right that was to house the data that was manually inputted. ( I am going to try to Damons suggestion next.)

I then duplicated that schedule and in the formatting tab for the fields Room Name & Numbers, I checked the hidden field box. I them went check the calculated Totals for the Area field. I then added a comments field and added add the text "Net Total". And then check hide headers in the Appearance Tab

I then created a new schedule from the Gross Area category and just added the area and comments and then hide the headers in this schedule as well.

I then placed all three schedules on a sheet and aligned them in their respective order.

Not very clean but it works.

krushert
2012-07-25, 09:59 PM
I can only answer your last question: you need to add a project parameter, then add that as a field to your schedule. Here's how you do it.

1. Manage tab > Project Parameters...
2. Click the "Add..." button.
3. In the Parameter Data area, add a name, change the discipline if appropriate, make sure that the "Type of Parameter" is "Area", set the "Group parameter under:" is appropriate (like "General" or "Analysis Results", whatever makes sense to you); Make sure that this is an Instance parameter because it will be different for each room; in the "Categories" are, check the "Rooms" box so that this parameter gets applied to the rooms in your project.
4. Click OK, then OK.
5. In your schedule, edit the Fields and add your new parameter.
6. If you want a total for this field, too, edit the Formatting for your schedule, select your new parameter, check "Calculate totals".

That should do it. As for your other questions, I'm at a loss. I hope others can help you.

Thanks Damon. I had to creat a second Project Parameter for the gross area schedule but it worked like a charm.

Thanks!

damon.sidel
2012-07-26, 01:52 PM
Glad to help!