PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Cut Planes

TerribleTim
2012-08-02, 09:54 PM
Ok, here's another issue I ran across. These are the things that a typical Architect wants done and I need to figure out how to do them in Revit before they force me back to AutoCAD. :?

I have an exterior elevation of my building. The site is a hill, of course, and the high point is sort of near one corner of the building. So the building sits at the foot of the hill. We are building an addition up into the hill, cutting some of the hill out to build into. So think of it as steps up into the hill. Make sense? Ok.

Of course, I have one elevation that the hill covers up part of what I need to see, since the hill isn't perpendicular to the building (I blame Mother Nature for that) and I end up seeing half the building and then the hill covering up the other half since it is in front of it in the view. Is it possible to use a view region sort of like we can do for a floor plan and then set that to a different spot? Or do you guys have a work-around?

I'd post some pics of what I'm talking about, but we aren't allowed to talk about this project so that isn't an option. :(

damon.sidel
2012-08-03, 12:58 PM
It isn't a great work-around, but here it is: fill region. Create a fill region to mimic the hill in your view, then turn off topography. Told you it isn't great, but it might get the job done.

Mike Sealander
2012-08-03, 03:38 PM
You can create two elevations, both pointing in the same direction. One has the building, one has the topography, and each cut through the model where you want. Put them both on the sheet, one on top of the other. You can't unfortunately move one view to the back, so the results may not be satisfactory.