PDA

View Full Version : Stairway riser heights

Brian F.
2003-10-27, 07:38 PM
Might be missing something obvious. I tried creating a stair with 7 5/8" risers and 10 1/2" treads but got a warning that my riser height exceeds the max. Attempted to change the number of risers, riser height, etc. in properties but not successful and still got the same warning. I was able to get the 10 1/2" tread by changing the properties and typing in a maximum width but also got the same type of warning. Is there a way to over-ride something controlling or limiting the risers in the stair feature?

Thanks,
Brian F.

aggockel50321
2003-10-27, 07:49 PM
If you're using the default 7" riser , 11" tread type, you'll get that message.

Start the stair routine, go into stair properties, & duplicate the standard 7" riser stair, & give the duplicate a new name. Go down to "maximum allowable riser" and change the riser distance to what you want, & the "max. tread length", stringer positiions, etc. Sketch your stair, using the new type in "stair properties" & complete.

Brian F.
2003-10-27, 11:28 PM
Thanks, the problem was that I didn't change the properties until after I created the stair. I guess it doesn't allow you to change stair types once they're created.

beegee
2003-10-28, 03:50 AM
Brian,

You can change stair types after they have been created.

You should get a warning message if the new type conflicts with your established stair setup ( ie number of risers may be incorrect for the new type parameters. The stair will then show as unfinished )